Full-time, Apeldoorn (The Netherlands)
We are looking for an embedded Linux Developer who has relevant working experience. You will join an international team working on the development and maintenance of end user devices like smart room units (room thermostats). The Room Unit team works closely together with other development teams working on the controls and digital solution for the BDR appliances and systems, like heat pumps gas heated boilers, solar solutions and system managers. You will be developing and maintaining features for our Smart Room Units that use the Linux platform.
This is what we see as your role
- Developing new software features using an embedded Linux platform
- Working together with appliance and connectivity teams to create an integrated product
- Contribute to testing and test automation
- Help with problem solving in case of incidents and service tickets from the field
- Contribute to knowledge sharing
Your knowledge, skills, experience and character include
- Working experience in technical environments (HVAC, electronics, software, complex systems)
- Embedded Linux development
- HMI/UI development
- Test Driven Development, Robot frame work and SonarCube
- Experience with Scrum and DevOps way of working
- Masters’ English language in writing and speaking (Dutch is handy, not conditional)
- Experience with Confluence, MS Devops, Jira, Phython, QT, C/C++
- Some knowledge and experience with Roadmap planning using Obeya
About the department
The business development unit Digital and Controls (D&C) is responsible for the development of advanced controls and system management solutions for the BDR climate products including heat pumps, gas heated & electrical boilers, solar solutions, and cooling solutions. In modern climate solutions control systems, digitalization, connectivity, IoT and data are a crucial element to achieve ambitious objectives in developing customer focused comfort climate solutions which also reduce energy consumption and carbon footprint. Our teams are working from Apeldoorn (NL) and Mertzwiller (France).
Are you ready to dedicate your career to winning the energy transition?
Apply by clicking the button below and submitting your CV and motivation.
About BDR Thermea Group
We are a leading manufacturer and distributor of sustainable climate and sanitary hot water solutions and services around the world. We provide smart thermal comfort solutions for residential and commercial buildings with near-zero carbon footprint. With over 6,700 employees across Europe, North America, Turkey, Russia and China and annual sales close to €1.8 billion, we operate in over 102 countries worldwide. We own and sell many of the leading brands for heating products, including Baxi, De Dietrich, Remeha and Chappée.