We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Manufacturing Manager to lead the operations at our new location in Slovakia for BDR Thermea. As the Manufacturing Manager, you will have the opportunity to play a pivotal role in establishing and managing the overall manufacturing, distribution, and supply chain facility. This is a Greenfield start-up project, and you will be responsible for driving safety, governance, risk management, cost optimization, on-time in-full delivery, continuous improvement, and succession planning.
This is what we see as your role
As the Manufacturing Manager, you will assume full operational responsibility for the site, focusing on safety, governance, risk management, cost optimization, on-time in-full delivery, continuous improvement, and succession planning. Your expertise will be instrumental in defining the industrial production policy, optimizing manufacturing and supply chain processes, and implementing strategic initiatives to drive efficiency, quality, and sustainability.
You will be responsible for a wide range of critical tasks, including:
- Define and implement industrial production policy aligned with company strategy.
- Optimize manufacturing and supply chain processes for safety, sustainability, cost reduction, and quality improvement.
- Develop workload plans, allocate resources, and make informed investment decisions.
- Ensure smooth operation of production chain, from manufacturing to maintenance and scheduling.
- Continuous improvement of all processes
- Drive standardization, simplification, and efficiency through Lean principles and best practices in the group.
- Establish KPIs, analyze root cause issues, and monitor financial and performance results.
- Collaborate with production and maintenance managers to define operational strategy.
- Promote safety, train employees, and ensure compliance with quality and environmental standards.
- Drive diversity, embed company values, and lead high-performance teams.
Your knowledge, skills, experience and character include
- Native Slovakian speaker with proficiency in English.
- Strong values and integrity, demonstrating direct and transparent communication.
- Hands-on, non-hierarchical operator with the ability to effectively manage teams at all levels and across cultures.
- Bachelor's degree 10+ years’ experience in operating environment of make industry or equivalent education.
- Knowledge and experience in lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, and continuous improvement practices.
- Preferred experience in high-volume serial production environments in the manufacturing industry.
- Proven track record of high-performance leadership and successful delivery in a manufacturing or engineering business.
- Data-driven mindset with the ability to manage operational KPIs, budgets, and problem-solving using objective, fact-based approaches.
- Strong work ethic, resilience to handle high-pressure situations, and a determination to succeed.
- Highly collaborative and teamplayer particularly in project activities and engagement with key stakeholders and the executive team.
- Ability to provide leadership, coaching, and development opportunities for a diverse team.
- Progressive experience in a leadership role within manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution.
This role provides a significant opportunity to shape and influence the overall manufacturing output, strategy, capabilities, and supply chain operations for our Slovakian business. You will drive continuous improvement initiatives, contribute to the organization's growth, and make a lasting impact in the industry.
What’s it like to work at BDR Thermea Group?
You will work in a motivated, technical organization with a high level of ambition. You’ll receive an attractive remuneration package, flexible working hours, and many opportunities to remain up-to-date with the latest sector developments through training and courses.
In addition to this, we also offer you:
- An international career in a challenging environment
- Passionate and professional colleagues who love what they do
- Working closely along our Strategic Initiatives contributing towards the energy transition
- Being part of BDR Thermea Group and contributing to this
Are you ready to dedicate your career to winning the energy transition?
Apply by clicking the button below and submitting your CV and motivation.
About BDR Thermea Group
We are a leading manufacturer and distributor of sustainable climate and sanitary hot water solutions and services around the world. We provide smart thermal comfort solutions for residential and commercial buildings with near-zero carbon footprint. With over 7,200 employees across Europe, Turkey, Russia and China and annual sales close to €2 billion, we operate in over 102 countries worldwide. We own and sell many of the leading brands for heating products, including Baxi, De Dietrich, Remeha and Chappee.
At BDR Thermea Group, we prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) to foster a workplace where all employees feel valued and empowered. We embrace various forms of diversity, including race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, and abilities. Our commitment to equity ensures equal opportunities and support for everyone, regardless of their background. Inclusion is vital to us, promoting a sense of belonging where all employees can freely share their ideas. Our dedication to DE&I is not only a moral responsibility but also essential for our business success, as it enables every employee to thrive and reach their full potential.