We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Plant Manager to lead our new facility in Slovakia for BDR Thermea, a leading global manufacturer in the energy industry. As the Plant Manager, you will have overall accountability for site Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and logistics, as well as all site support functions including Finance, HSEQ, Human Resources. This is a critical role that will shape the future of our business and contribute to our growth in line with the Group's vision and company values.
This is what we see as your role
Your role encompasses driving performance, ensuring safety, quality, and efficiency, and fostering growth in line with the company's vision and values. The following key aspects define the core responsibilities and expectations for this critical position.
- Lead the manufacturing, supply chain, logistics and support functions, including Greenfield start-up.
- Set the tone, promote company values, and drive results, performance, and sustainability.
- Champion safety practices, governance, risk management, and compliance.
- Ensure high-quality standards and manage any arising issues.
- Oversee financial planning, analysis, control, and reporting.
- Drive cost and quality improvements, investment proposals, and make/buy decisions.
- Manage resourcing, compensation, and training for start-up.
- Develop the management team and promote best practices.
- Improve engagement, embed values, and foster diversity and inclusion.
- As a member of the group operations team contribute to the best overall decisions for the group.
Your knowledge, skills, experience and character include
- Native Slovakian speaker with fluent English proficiency.
- University education or degree level with a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of senior management experience in Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and ideally Finance.
- Proven track record as a strategic, decisive, and action-oriented senior manager, preferably in start-up operations.
- Experience working in dynamic, driven teams and making critical business decisions.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to develop high-performing teams.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities at all levels.
- Prioritize safety, compliance, and high-quality standards.
- Expertise in financial planning, cost management, and reporting.
- Experience in resourcing, compensating, and training teams.
- Curiosity, entrepreneurial drive, and adaptability to drive change.
- Teamplayer and willingness and ability to come to the best group decisions
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
What’s it like to work at BDR Thermea Group?
You will work in a motivated, technical organization with a high level of ambition. You’ll receive an attractive remuneration package, flexible working hours, and many opportunities to remain up-to-date with the latest sector developments through training and courses.
In addition to this, we also offer you:
- An international career in a challenging environment
- Passionate and professional colleagues who love what they do
- Working closely along our Strategic Initiatives contributing towards the energy transition
- Being part of BDR Thermea Group and contributing to this
Are you ready to dedicate your career to winning the energy transition?
Apply by clicking the button below and submitting your CV and motivation.
About BDR Thermea Group
We are a leading manufacturer and distributor of sustainable climate and sanitary hot water solutions and services around the world. We provide smart thermal comfort solutions for residential and commercial buildings with near-zero carbon footprint. With over 7.200 employees across Europe, Turkey, Russia and China and annual sales close to € 2.3 billion, we operate in over 102 countries worldwide. We own and sell many of the leading brands for heating products, including Baxi, De Dietrich, Remeha and Chappee.
At BDR Thermea Group, we prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) to foster a workplace where all employees feel valued and empowered. We embrace various forms of diversity, including race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, and abilities. Our commitment to equity ensures equal opportunities and support for everyone, regardless of their background. Inclusion is vital to us, promoting a sense of belonging where all employees can freely share their ideas. Our dedication to DE&I is not only a moral responsibility but also essential for our business success, as it enables every employee to thrive and reach their full potential.