For the team that develops and maintains the BDR IoT & Data applications & capabilities we are searching for a product owner.
This is what we see as your role
We are looking for an experienced product owner who has several years of relevant working experience in a comparable role. You will be working with multiple teams developing and operating BDR Thermea’s IoT and data platform. The teams exist of Cloud engineers, application (backend) developers, data scientists, data engineers, ML OPS engineers and data analysts.
These teams are working from Apeldoorn (NL) and Mertzwiller (France). You will be also working closely with product managers and product owners of related development teams working on the BDR Controls (HVAC appliances), Digital solutions (installer App, end user App) and IT platforms.
Your mission will be to create with these teams a reliable future proof IoT and data platform for the connected BDR Thermea HVAC appliances & systems, which will enable the introduction of new services for BDR Thermea.
- Define with product management, architects and the teams a vision on the IoT & Data platform and on data science/analytics.
- Managing together with product managers and product owners of all related teams the product roadmap and product backlog for all BDR digital and controls related topics.
- Managing the product and sprint backlogs for the IoT platform teams and the Data team.
- Prioritization, alignment with different teams, stakeholders and suppliers
- Write in close calibration with architects, senior engineers and product management specifications (defining what and why) as input for the product backlog.
- Responsible for new developments and maintenance of IoT & data platform functionality which is in production.
- Progress reporting and issue tracking using Scrum events (bi-weekly review/backlog) and Obeya (roadmap and alignment with other teams/stakeholders)
- Work together with leadership in defining needed resources and skills for the team.
- Be a leader, embark people.
- Be customer and product oriented.
- Anticipation, proactive, promote ideas, team oriented.
- Challenge others
- Technology survey
- Background in application development, IoT, Azure Cloud and data technology.
- Some knowledge and experience of embedded systems development for HVAC appliances and climate systems.
- An academic degree in Information Technology, Controls, Electronics or comparable level via work experience
- Must have experience with a team to build API’s, Software Architecture, IoT data connectivity and Ingestion, and/or and enterprise platforms.
- SCRUM Methods, backlog management, Kanban,
- Some experience with Roadmap planning using Obeya
- Confluence, Jira, MS DevOps
- Miro / Obeya boards
- Team Center
- Simulation tools
What’s it like to work at BDR Thermea Group?
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company that is playing a front role in the energy transition going on in the world. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
With us you’ll find a fast-paced, team-oriented working environment where creating opportunities to make a difference is stimulated and valued!
In addition to this, we also offer you:
- An international career in a challenging environment
- Passionate and professional colleagues who love what they do
- Working closely along our Strategic Initiatives contributing towards the energy transition
- Being part of BDR Thermea Group and contributing to this
Are you ready to dedicate your career to winning the energy transition?
- Apply by clicking the button below and submitting your CV and motivation
- Internal candidates have priority as we encourage internal promotion
About BDR Thermea
BDR Thermea Group is at the forefront of the energy transition – an exciting place to be. Working at BDR Thermea Group means being part of an international, innovative and fast-moving community. Building your career at an industry leader. Our 6,200 people in more than 100 countries work towards a single goal: creating high-end technological solutions that address the most urgent challenges of our time. We offer an inclusive, diverse and dynamic working environment, where you can do meaningful work. We connect purpose, people and performance to help make the energy transition happen.
Business Development Unit Digital and Controls
The business development unit Digital and Controls is responsible for the development of advanced controls and system management solutions for the BDR climate products including heat pumps, gas heated & electrical boilers, solar solutions, and cooling solutions. In modern climate solutions control systems, digitalization, connectivity, IoT and data are a crucial element to achieve ambitious objectives in developing customer focused comfort climate solutions which also reduce energy consumption and carbon footprint.