Preston (on site) Full Time – Permanent
Are you looking for your next challenge? Baxi is a leading provider of environmentally friendly and efficient heating solutions across a range of leading domestic and commercial brands. We have over 150 years of experience, pride ourselves on our values and strive for earning lifetime loyalty with our customers.
An exciting vacancy has arisen within our Group Procurement team for a Project Buyer to join the team. Reporting directly to the Procurement manager BDU water tanks and solar system, the main purpose of this role is to support the delivery of the New Product Development (NPD) process within this international BDU delivering on the key BDU objectives:
1. Accelerate time to market
2. Respond to Voice of Customer
3. Get it right first time
4. Ensure a competitive total-cost position.
Close collaboration and teamwork with internal project teams and BDU organization. Excellent relationship with external suppliers.
As a Project Buyer, you will:
- Take ownership and drive for the procurement elements of specific NPDs and Trade Products within the BDU and support the development accordingly (in close cooperation with BDU Managers in the countries, Product Management, Quality and R&D). Work with the project team on the Business case.
- Identify a recommended supplier long list in agreement with the Commodity Management Team, using the Preferred Supplier List. In alignment with the Commodity Management Team and Project Team decide upon the selected suppliers for the projects. Support the Project Manager to achieve relevant deliverables at each Stage Gate.
- Work with the Commodity Management Team to ensure an agreed contractual position is negotiated in line with the project timelines.
- Negotiate commercial terms which achieve the ultimate total cost targets, engaging support from the Commodity Management Team if appropriate.
- Work closely with the supplier and the project team to ensure the supplier can achieve timelines and all allocated objectives.
- Order parts for product trials and ensure systems are up to date, prototypes and tooling are controlled and managed effectively.
- Complete Quality and Logistics requirements with project and local countries team members to ensure smooth product launch.
- Identifies problems and finds solutions e.g., changes existing processes, systems or products, improves and adapt existing methods Support the change management process and close collaboration with local tactical procurement teams.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Interpersonal communication and interaction with multinational team are a must.
- Multicultural appetite and ability (technical, and commercial, marketing and legal…)
- Purchasing professional with technical knowledge in sheet metal processes.
- Demonstratable experience within a similar role, preferably in a high-volume manufacturing facility is valuable.
- Familiar with IT tools as well as ERP (M3, SAP …), data base (Team center, share point …) than with Microsoft office packages of Excel, Power-point, CRM, Word and overall IT skills.
- Proactive, flexible, organized personality and decision maker.
We offer a competitive salary alongside 25 days holiday per annum not including UK bank holidays. We also offer a contributory pension and sick pay schemes, staff discounts and more.
Does this sound like you? Then we would love to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs via our online recruitment system. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.