R&D Manager (Preston, UK)
BDU Hot Water & Solar Solutions (HWSS)
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team as a Research & Development (R&D) Manager. As an R&D Manager, you will play a crucial role in overseeing the day-to-day operations of our R&D team. The primary objective of this position is to efficiently manage the execution of projects and product modifications within specified timeframes and budgets. Additionally, you will be responsible for obtaining product approvals and maintaining technical files for our extensive product portfolio, which encompasses various offerings across all BDR Thermea companies. If you are a dynamic professional with a strong background in R&D management and a passion for driving innovation, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
In the role of R&D Manager, you will be involved with the other BDU HW&SS R&D Managers and Head of R&D in developing the strategy for the BDU HWSS. You will lead, manage and control all research and development activities for this Competence Center within the BDU HWSS. This includes selecting appropriate concepts and fundamental technology for new products and/or improvement of existing products, assuring the right competences for the future and future proof engineering. You will report directly to the Head R&D.
Your duties and responsibilities include:
- To manage, lead, and develop the R&D team of managers to ensure the right allocation of resources to deliver the business objectives;
- To encourage creativity across the R&D Organization and to define and structure the innovation process to ensure value creation;
- To drive cultural change within R&D function, enlarge focus on VOC, collaboration with product management, Quality, procurement and other BDUs
- Allign on a good working model, especially with the local operations team on an agile way of working.
- To adapt the way of working to demands of the energy transition;
- To establish and maintain operational budgets for the team and projects;
- To identify problems and find solutions to resolve them e.g. change existing processes, systems, or products, improve, and adapt existing methods;
- To support the project teams in getting the deliverables of the projects on time, spec and cost, with the right resources, problem solving, tools and technology
- To drive the sustainability targets of the BDU;
- To support R&D projects at Group level participating in meetings, knowledge sharing tools, newsletters by sharing technical information and ‘best-practice’.
Your knowledge, skills, experience and character include
You have technical knowledge to understand your team and set strategic direction. You are passionate about driving change and developing people and teams. You have "do" mentality. Additionally, you are proactive, an innovative and at ease with complexity.
Furthermore, we ask of you:
- At least a completed technical master's degree;
- Several years of relevant work experience as a manager within an R&D environment;
- Excellent communication skills in English and at least one other European language;
- You have a global mindset and have experience working internationally;
- You live in the UK no more than 2 hours from the Preston location.
Get in touch with?
Richard van der Veen – Head R&D BDU Hot Water & Solar Solutions
What’s it like to work at BDR Thermea Group?
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company that is playing a front role in the energy transition going on in the world. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
With us you’ll find a fast-paced, team-oriented working environment where creating opportunities to make a difference is stimulated and valued!
In addition to this, we also offer you:
- An international career in a challenging environment
- Passionate and professional colleagues who love what they do
- Working closely along our Strategic Initiatives contributing towards the energy transition
- Being part of BDR Thermea Group and contributing to this
Are you ready to dedicate your career to winning the energy transition?
- Apply by clicking the button below and submitting your CV and motivation
- You must live within a 2-hour drive to the location
- Internal candidates have priority as we encourage internal promotion
About BDR Thermea
BDR Thermea Group is at the forefront of the energy transition – an exciting place to be. Working at BDR Thermea Group means being part of an international, innovative and fast-moving community. Building your career at an industry leader. Our 6,200 people in more than 100 countries work towards a single goal: creating high-end technological solutions that address the most urgent challenges of our time. We offer an inclusive, diverse and dynamic working environment, where you can do meaningful work. We connect purpose, people and performance to help make the energy transition happen.
At BDR Thermea Group, we prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) to foster a workplace where all employees feel valued and empowered. We embrace various forms of diversity, including race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, and abilities. Our commitment to equity ensures equal opportunities and support for everyone, regardless of their background. Inclusion is vital to us, promoting a sense of belonging where all employees can freely share their ideas. Our dedication to DE&I is not only a moral responsibility but also essential for our business success, as it enables every employee to thrive and reach their full potential.