In your role as Sustainability Engineer you will be responsible for the development, deployment, execution and improvement of the wider Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) agenda, thus impacting the full suite of ESG topics and stakeholders.
You will support the Group Sustainability Manager to refine and develop the sustainability ambition and strategy for the BDR Thermea Group by bringing expertise to the ESG subject areas, including climate change, human rights etc. and impact from both a values and regulatory perspective. You will also collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to implement the BDR Thermea sustainability strategy, long term roadmaps and annual action plans.
Monitoring and reporting
- You will establish Group standards on different sustainability topics;
- You will monitor environmental performance of operating companies in order to finetune development proposals for Group policies together with experts in the Business Development Units & Operating Companies of BDR Thermea and/or external experts;
- You will implement reporting standards in the organization to enable management and external stakeholders to have insightful and consolidated sustainability data ;
- You will develop and implement a reporting system on Environmental, Social, Governance KPI’s according Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive /Global Reporting Initiative;
- You will take care for the input of non-financial facts figures related to the Annual reporting process for the Group.
Community building & stakeholder management
- You will implement an internal knowledge base and ensure BDR Thermea Group is up to date with the relevant Sustainability topics;
- You will engage with internal stakeholders and the sustainability community;
- You will educate the Sustainability on targets, progress, and relevant sustainability topics via workshops;
- You will connect with external stakeholders and seek for opportunities, fueling innovation;
- Collaborate with stakeholders to implement the new sustainability propositions.
Your knowledge, skills, experience, and character include
- You have 8+ years’ experience in product/process development;
- Work experience in a relevant industry is highly desired;
- You have a technical background (e.g. Masters in engineering) and a high-level understanding of Procurement, Product Management and R&D disciplines;
- You can build productive working relationships;
- Strong communication skills across all levels and cultures;
- Proven project management experience (e.g. Prince 2);
- An understanding of BDR appliances; their application, installation, repair, and servicing requirements;
- An understanding of relevant governance and safety related processes and regulations;
- You work effectively in a multifunctional, multicultural environment: The role requires close cooperation with local business units and other BPE’s across Europe;
- You are a flexible team player with an entrepreneurial mindset and a hands on – pragmatic approach to problem solving;
- You communicate well and can turn complex technical information into simple convincing messages;
- Ideally, you possess knowledge of the BDR Thermea NPD process;
- You have experience in working with eLearning tools, like Talentsoft.
What’s it like to work at BDR Thermea Group?
You will work in a motivated, technical organisation with a high level of ambition. We will offer you an international career in a challenging environment with passionate and professional colleagues who love what they do. You will be working to deliver our Strategic Initiatives.
Are you ready to dedicate your career to winning the energy transition?
Apply by clicking this link
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Nienke Groen (email@example.com)